One of the best parts of our industry is meeting people, networking and building relationships. What’s more, as a member of thenetworkone, you have the unique experience to forge professional relationships with independent agencies from all over the world.
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has prevented us meeting in person, we can still be there for each other, help each other and learn from each other.
With this in mind, we’ve recently launched a virtual mentoring programme. The initiative will match a junior staff member with a more experienced or more specialised mentor from a like-minded member agency. The programme is intended as an exchange with a reciprocal benefit, where each agency provides both a mentor and a mentee. For example, an Account Manager from an independent agency in the US could be mentored by an Account Director from an agency in South Africa- and vice versa.
The mentorship programme is a great career development incentive for junior staff, which should improve both staff retention and performance. In addition, it’s a new, innovative way of learning and developing skill sets, which draws on the diverse range of skills and experience levels within the network.
This initiative is exclusively for members of thenetworkone. To learn more about membership, click here.
Benefits of the virtual mentoring programme
- Relationship building with professionals from all over the world- especially valuable today, when so many people are working remotely
- Opportunity to pass on your knowledge and help a junior employee with their career development. In practice, mentors and mentees both learn from the experience.
- Resourceful and cost-effective staff benefit
- Gain new ideas and perspectives
- Benefit from the non-competitive supportive nature of thenetworkone
If you or your agency may be interested in participating, please contact email@example.com.