One of the best parts of our industry is meeting new people, networking and building relationships. For most, these relationships become valuable professional friendships with colleagues around the world with whom to learn from, share ideas with and, also support when needed.
Recently, this has become significantly easier thanks to the widespread use of video calling technology, making us all more connected than ever – at home, in the office or, travelling.
With this in mind, thenetworkone started a virtual mentoring program.
The initiative matches a junior staff member with a more experienced or, more specialised mentor from a like-minded member agency – not necessarily in the same country.
The program is intended as an exchange with a reciprocal benefit, where each agency provides both a mentor and a mentee. For example, an Account Manager from an independent agency in the US could be mentored by an Account Director from an agency in South Africa- and vice versa.
The mentorship program is a great career development incentive for junior staff, which should improve both staff retention and performance. In addition, it’s a new, innovative way of learning and developing skill sets, which draws on the diverse range of skills and experience levels within the network.
This initiative is exclusively for members of thenetworkone.
To learn more about membership, click here.
Benefits of the virtual mentoring program
- Relationship building with professionals from all over the world- especially valuable today, when so many people are working remotely
- Opportunity to pass on your knowledge and help a junior employee with their career development. In practice, mentors and mentees both learn from the experience.
- Resourceful and cost-effective staff benefit
- Gain new ideas and perspectives
- Benefit from the non-competitive supportive nature of thenetworkone
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or, a mentee, please email Stephanie Fox. Alternatively, please complete the following form and we’ll contact you shortly.