We couldn’t be in Cannes this year, but we still ran the Indie Forum- digitally! Each day, we hosted online webinars and panel discussion on a range of relevant topics to the industry right now.
The Indie Forum was challenging, provocative, inspiring and occasionally unpredictable. A place for a new generation of creative leaders to talk openly and express thinking and ideas that may be a little less scripted and “corporate,” than what you hear elsewhere.
Webinar: How We Won a Grand Prix
Mathias Wikstrom and Johan Pihl, the creative brains behind Doconomy’s Grand Prix winning campaign in 2019 and former directors of RBK, will give a keynote presentation on how to work with clients and the value of long term strategy and planning.
Webinar: We Want to Win
How to maximise your chances of success in global awards programmes, with Alex Watson, International Creative Awards Consultant and former manager of Saatchi London’s awards entry program. In this webinar, Alex will focus on the key knowledge and techniques you’ll need, from choosing the right awards to enter, to presenting your work and ‘getting through’ to the jury.
Webinar: Ice Cream for Everyone’s Digital Parlour
Willem van der Horst
, an international brand strategy consultant and podcast host based in Paris, will talk about playful strategy and brand purpose. Through an interactive workshop activity, he will share the benefits of collaborative digital platforms to work remotely, and to foster play states of mind for creative problem solving.
Panel: Healthcare’s big reset?
Covid-19 has re-shaped almost every aspect of our world with the health & life sector experiencing a quantum shift in focus almost overnight. Whilst the sector has risen to the immediate challenges that the Covid-19 crisis has presented, there are bigger more fundamental ones on the horizon as governments and everyone in the health & life ecosystem attempts to understand, define and build what will be needed in healthcare’s big reset.
In this panel, we’ll explore the issues around mass data collection for ‘track and trace’ and the possible introduction of healthcare passports
- Praful Akali, Founder and MD at Medulla Communications, India
- Clare Bates, Content Director at Page & Page, UK
- Carolyn Morgan, President at PRECISIONeffect, USA
The Independent Agency Showcase
What does it take to be a truly leading independent agency today? How do you discover the optimum blend of creativity, culture and inspiration that will make your agency standout from the crowd?
Join us for The Independent Agency Showcase and be inspired by the leaders of three amazing agencies from Russia, Singapore and the USA who have done just this and we’ve featured in The World’s Leading Independent Agencies 2020
- Rob Holzer, Founder, Matter Unlimited, USA
- Timothy Chan, Co-founder and Executive Creative Director, Govt, Singapore
- Mike Gibson and Ekatarina Voronina, Adwise, Russia
Register now to hear their stories, as they tell them. You will not be disappointed!
A New Look at Latin America
2h 15 minutes (3 parts, 45 minutes each)
Our first webinar in Spanish, with experts from across Latin America and Spain.
El webinar tendrá tres partes:
1. Presentación: Near Future Thinking (45 minutos): con Gaby Arriaga, fundadora de Leonardo1452, la primera consultora en México especializada en Tendencias de Consumo y autora de “Near Future Thinking”
2. Presentación: Los primeros 7 segundos (45 minutos): con Juliana Silva,asesora de comunicaciones estratégicas en Clarity Media Group, una empresa de entrenamiento en comunicaciones globales radicada en Nueva York. En una videollamada, sólo tienes 7 segundos para crear una buena impresión. Juliana explicará cómo comunicar con claridad y cautivar a tu audiencia.
3. Panel: Creatividad en América Latina (45 minutos). Cesar Vacchiano, Presidente y CEO de Scopen en Madrid, moderará un panel con expertos de la región. Compartirá datos de sus estudios relacionados con las valoraciones de clientes que trabajan con agencias independientes para generar una discusión con
Webinar: A Conversation That Matters
The explosion of shock and anger at recent events in the USA has swept the world and given new energy to long-existing causes. The need for social justice and the imperative to express and promote equal respect for every human being, irrespective of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation or other, have never been felt more deeply.
As communications people, we have a special responsibility and a special opportunity to help shape public opinion and behaviour.
We have invited Tarik Fontenelle
, Co-Founder of youth orientated strategic research agency, ON ROAD
to talk to us, and talk with us.
Panel: The Client Perspective
Rising stars in the world of marketing discuss the changing role of CMO’s – and their changing expectations of their agencies.
moderated by Stephen Maher, CEO of MBA, Chair of UK Data & Marketing Association, Chair of IPA Effectiveness Board and immediate past Chair of the Marketing Society:
- Helene Blanchette, President, My Jane (USA)
- Katie Dulake, GM Marketing and Communications – Mitsubishi (UK)
- Nontokozo Madonsela, Group CMO, Momentum Metropolitan Holdings, South Africa
- Tony Miller, Marketing Director, Weight Watchers (UK)
- Micol Puzio 米可, Senior Marketing Resources Manager, OPPO (China)